Saturday, October 2, 2010

One of those days....

Over the years talking with friends and cyclists, I come to realize that most crash come close to home (at least mine have). Well Wednesday was no different I was just finishing up my ride with Aaron; I was maybe 5-10mins away, coming up to the intersection of West Saanich and Interurban when I hit rock (I think). Once I regained consciousness I saw the fire dept. and a off-duty paramedic driving by, attending to me while the paramedics were just getting there. Now apparently I was unconscious for only a few seconds when I talked Aaron later but I don't remember anything in between hitting the rock and when the paramedics arrived, turns out that was good 10mins of my life. I ended up with a neck brace and on a spinal board, as I hit my head pretty hard and had some neck soreness. Luckily for me I ended up in blackberry bush which lessened the blow and just left me with lots of scratches on my legs, some road rash on my right knee, a cut across my nose and some bruising under my right eye. I was at the hospital for about 2hrs as they checked out my head and made sure I didn't have anything more severe.

That was probably my first major crash in over 3 years, the last one funny enough was 5mins from my house. This one was probably more serious but had far less road rash which is always nice. I doing well, I just have a minor concussion with some small headaches when I stand up and bend over. Thanks Aaron for calling everything in and helping out. Hopefully I'll back to some light training is next couple of days.

Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment