Thursday, October 14, 2010

Headache free, retiring the old steed and on my way to Mexico

Since my crash things have been going well I’m back to full training, just in time for PATCO in Puerto Vallarta. First couple of days back were fairly interesting as it felt like I had never swam in my life before. My body was still pretty stiff so moving my arms felt like an extra choir but slowing I started to build the volume and effort up and things started to feel more natural. A nice thing was biking never gave me any headaches so I was back on the trainer doing some efforts fairly quickly. Running has been coming along but I’m still feeling pretty off and really sluggish but the head has been cooperating.


On a negative note, I found out my bike had a crack along the top tube which meant I didn’t have a race bike for PATCO or training, so I resorted to my cross bike with road tires for a few days. Luckily, Oak Bay Bikes was able to lend me a 2009 Specialized Tarmac Expert for PATCO. Thanks to Patrick for setting that up and to Oak Bay Bikes for lending me the bike. When I get back it will be frame shopping time so I’ll have something to race on and train on next year.


Well right now, I’m on route to Puerto Vallarta for PATCO Champs. Kirsten, A-Russ, Chantell Widney and Tenille Hoogland are joining along for the ride. I haven’t met Chantell or Tenille before so it will be fun meeting some new people. PATCO should be a fun race I’m pretty excited to race one last time and everything is starting to come together so hopefully I’ll finish on a good note. After the race I’m staying an extra 5 days with Kirsten to relax and enjoy the sun. I’m looking forward to doing really nothing, getting uber-tanned and enjoying my offseason in style.

R.I.P

No comments:

Post a Comment