Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Getting busy in Tiszy

So the Tiszaujvaros World Cup has come and gone I was fairly happy with the overall result coming 33rd is a good start but obviously I have still a lot to improve on. I didn’t swim that well I had a bad first lap; rode well helped bridged the gap to the main group and had a terrible first lap on the run but finished really strong with a 10k that was only 40sec off my PB. Like I said good start but needs to get better.

I was amazed with the town of Tiszaujvaros during our stay there, the atmosphere was amazing watching the Jr race people were packing the street but when it came to the World Cup I had never seen anything like it, every inch of the course, especially the run, was covered with people cheering, it definitely made for a great time.

We got in Aix-les-Bains yesterday evening; it’s about 80km south of Geneva, Switzerland. It’s right on Lac du Bourget, which is absolutely beautiful, mountains all around. The pool is really nice; it’s an outdoor 50m with a retractable roof only 200m from the lake. The hotel we are staying at is very nice but what makes it amazing is the fact it’s full board so all meals are included. The breakfast is just continental but the lunch and dinner are amazing. They are both 3-course meals starting with an appetizer, main course and dessert but its all-huge portions. We were all joking thinking that we are all in heaven, as we couldn’t believe how amazing everything is.

Next up is Geneva European Cup.

No comments:

Post a Comment